1. Scope and Role
Many of our Customers are educational institutions. To the extent we receive educational record information and other personally identifiable student information (“Student Information”) from or on behalf of a Customer, we rely on such Customer to ensure that their disclosure of such Student Information to us complies with federal and state education privacy laws. Forecast5 will only use Student Information received from a Customer in order to provide our Services to that Customer and in accordance with the privacy, security and confidentiality requirements set forth in our applicable Customer agreements.
2. Information Collected and Processed
Forecast5 provides software and tools which allow Customers to conduct data analytics and planning. The personal information that we may receive on behalf of Customers varies depending upon the Forecast5 services provided to and used by Customers. Aside from basic business contact information from authorized users of the Services, Forecast5 does not collect personal information directly from individuals. The Customer Data we receive and process on behalf of Customers may include:
- Name, contact information, student id, school of attendance, disciplinary records, dates of birth, attendance records, transcripts, social security numbers, socio-economic status, program participation, standardized test scores and other personal records about students and parents;
- Activity data and log details regarding the use of our Services;
- Employee and personnel information;
- Information about a Customer’s authorized users of the Services; and
- Other non-public information Customers disclose or make available to us pursuant to the Services.
Public Data Sources. In providing the Services, we may also collect or receive certain public records data, such as property, census, voting records, and any other data collected from state, local or county records or agencies (“Public Data”), which we may combine with Customer Data in order to provide the Services.
Research Data. We may also administer surveys and questionnaires to Customers and authorized users, in order to better understand how they use our Services or for other research or analysis purposes (“Research Data”). Participation is completely voluntary. We will not request any personal information about students or parents as part of this Research Data.
3. Use of Information
Pursuant to our service contracts with our Customers, we may process and store Customer Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services to the Customer;
- To communicate with Customers about our Services, including to send news, newsletters and information to Customers related to our Services;
- To respond to service inquiries, and for other customer service-related purposes;
- To analyze use of the Services in order to maintain and improve our services and develop new features or services;
- To comply with legal obligations and where necessary for our internal business operations; and
Public Data. When requested by Customers, we may combine Public Data with their Customer Data as part of the Services. We may also use and aggregate Public Data (not including any Customer Data) for our own research, analytics and development purposes.
Research Data. We may review and analyze Research Data in order to better understand how Customers use our Services, to develop aggregate reports and for other research or analysis purposes.
Aggregate Data. We may utilize aggregated or de-identified information that is not reasonably linked or linkable to a particular person to enhance our products and services or for other research or analytics purposes.
4. Disclosure and Sharing of Information
Forecast5 does not sell Customer Data. We may disclose Customer Data as follows:
- Vendors and service providers: we engage directly with certain third-party companies to help us
provide our products and services to our Customers or to collect, process, store or perform other operational functions on our behalf. We contractually restrict these vendors and service providers from using any Customer Data they access or receive from us other than as needed to perform their services for us and require them to implement and maintain safeguards to protect Customer Data.
- Customers: we may share information with Customers about of how their authorized users access and use the Services, including any actions or activity taken by such authorized users when logged into the Services.
We may also disclose Customer Data, to the extent permitted under applicable laws, under the following circumstances:
- Legal compliance: in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
- Business transfers: as part of any actual or contemplated merger, sale, transfer of assets, acquisition, financing and/or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy or similar event, including related to due diligence conducted prior to such event where permitted by law.
- Protection of rights: where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us, to enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and/or to protect the rights, property, health or safety of Forecast5, our affiliates, Customers and/or others.
Aggregate Data. We may share aggregate and de-identified information with third parties for research, analytics and similar purposes, provided such information does not identify any Customer or individual. For example, we may prepare aggregate reports from Research Data, which we may share with participating Customers.
5. Emails and Newsletters
We may send Customers (and their authorized users) our newsletter and other news and information via email. We may collect and process the personal contact information of our business contact at the Customer for the purposes of sending our newsletter and other news and information. This data collection is usually limited to a contact name, physical work address, telephone number(s) and/ or an email address. Individuals may opt out of receiving such emails at any time by using the unsubscribe feature in any such email. We may still send important notifications and other non-commercial emails even to individuals who have unsubscribed.
We have implemented commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards that are designed to protect personal information against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. Our measures consider the type and sensitivity of the data being collected, used, and stored, and the current state of technology and threats to information. Forecast5’s security measures include encryption, firewalls, restricting access to Customer Data to personnel and vendors with a legitimate business purpose, and physical access controls to our facilities. Further, we have implemented and maintain incident response procedures for the detection and reporting of data breaches and security incidents as required by applicable laws (e.g., NY Shield Act).
7. Access, Amendment and Deletion
With respect to the Customer Data (including Student Data), in the event we received a request from a student, parent or other individual for access to or amendment of personal information, Forecast5 will notify the relevant Customer and will, upon request, provide reasonable support to Customer to enable it to access, amend or delete such personal information or otherwise respond to such request as required by law.
Forecast5 will retain Customer Data for as long as reasonably necessary pursuant to the Services and in accordance with the terms of our applicable Customer agreements, or where otherwise required by law. Upon the expiration of our agreement with a Customer, we will dispose of the relevant Customer Data within a commercially reasonable time period, in accordance with the requirements of the relevant agreement.
9. Contact Us
If you have questions regarding the policy, or would like to update your contact information, you may contact our privacy liaison using the following information.
Forecast5 Analytics, Inc.
2135 Citygate Lane, Suite 420
Naperville, Illinois 60563-3062